<body>
Thursday, 8 January 2009, 00:13

HI! haha, i shall continue from where iynyi left off and add in some parts she didnt mention.but she covered almost everything! the score below is actually only half of the whole thing. The whole song has 12 lines which makes that 24 bars! haha, okay i shall just put some of my thoughts on everything we've done/learnt so far. I feel that these three days have been a real fun and enriching experience, getting to learn so many things everyday! It doesnt get boring. One thing I found funny was the way the notes in the score are written. As I learn the piano, I wasnt quite used to looking at the numbers and the way diff symbols or notation meant different things. But I got used to it somehow and its really interesting to learn different things!



Things I've learnt so far,
The Erhu is the main instrument in the chinese orchestra! kinda like how the violin is the main in a symphonic orchestra. We learnt to play the dizi and erhu. The dizi is really not easy to play, cos you need to have good air support. BUT MAG IS A PRO! We learnt the erhu today, jon lin taught us! It wasnt easy at all. Its something like the violin, after awhile our fingers all hurt from pressing the metal string!! Our instructor Mr Ye is a very nice person. We all get along very well and are slowly bonding with one another.



I am looking forward to the next 2 weeks plus. Im sure it'll be a fun experience! We're gonna learn the guzheng and zhong ruan tomorrow I think, so do expect more posts from us! BYE ALL!=)

Labels:



Music, AWESOME