<body>
Sunday, 18 January 2009, 01:05

WE FINISHED OUR DIZIS ON FRIDAY!!! Well, the main body at least. It still needs to be stained and varnished but they're basically done! After Thursday's first try at the drilling of holes, I managed to work out a system where I could file my holes easier and quicker! This is where my "magic chair" and "magic file" came in :D Using that system, I finished filing all my holes in the shortest time but managed to scratch my dizi multiple times in the process. D: Plus my holes were extreeeemely rough so I still had to sandpaper them afterwards.

This means that my impatience is definitely not a virtue and I should have been more patient instead of causing my dizi to turn so ugly now :O And I can say that dizi makers are truly people of patience, something I don't have much of haha. But I still felt a great sense of satisfaction when I brought home the dizi and showed it to my Mum and proudly say that "I MADE THIS!" Me and my sister took turns playing it, that was fun. I can't want to start staining it and varnishing it and then engraving my name on it so I can say it is truly MINE. Haha (: Next up, making the erhu!! That should prove even a tougher challenge but that means that I would have learnt a new skill + I made an instrument unique to our Chinese culture and few know about + I AM SPECIAL! (: This attachment really sets us apart from others as we also have PROOF of what we have learnt and done.

Labels:



Music, AWESOME